enjoy the little things in life, for one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things

Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Monday, November 28, 2011

My Long-Awaited Return

     Yes, I know I have been away for far too long, but I have a decent reason.

     I have been totally overwhelmed from school, to the point of depression. I spent two weeks sleeping every moment I was able to sneak in. I stopped going to classes, didn't do any homework, or even anything fun, like quilting or reading. See? Actually a problem. A week and a half ago, I went to the walk in clinic and was diagnosed with vegetative depression. I then spent a night in the hospital, only to be sent home (and really, I just went back to bed). My mom came for a few days to try and help me out, but it was decided the best thing for me to do was to come back home with her.

     I have decided to share this for a few reasons. Very importantly, is that depression is nothing to be ashamed about. I am not embarrassed or ashamed of this, it happens to many people and just needs to be dealt with. It was also suggested to me that I need to get back into things that I used to enjoy, and blogging about my experience will hopefully be therapeutic as well.

     I don't know who will read this, if anyone, and so I am really doing it for myself. I promise to be as honest as possible with my feelings and what is going on. I will just say for the record that suicide is not at all a consideration. Like I keep telling people, "I don't want to die, I just want to sleep". In all honestly, I just need to find purpose again.

     Wish me well,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...