enjoy the little things in life, for one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things

Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Commercials

     Ahh yes, Geico. They have the most amazing commercials! My personal favourite is "does a former Drill Sergeant make a terrible therapist?". It's just too funny. I love the one about Elmer Fudd too (okay people, google the link yourself, I can't always do all the work for you....) Probably the best part about the commercials, as Holly pointed out last night, is that there are so many of them, this way you never get sick of them 'cause you're always seeing a different one. Plus the fact that they're so darned clever and entertaining I'd watch them out of my own free will!
     Though the commercials are just supposed to be a way to grab people's attention (which they do), I don't know if it would make me want to switch insurance companies ... I guess personally that isn't an issue, but it makes me wonder just how effective these commercials are.

     Which reminds me: election time is coming up. This means that everyone and their mother is campaigning. As I have previously mentioned I hate politics. Really a lot. I know enough to know that my views and beliefs fall in with the Liberals, but don't care much further than that (around election time I always do look into things to be sure I make an informed vote. But that's not the point right now). Their commercials are comical. I saw on TV shows (like One Tree Hill) that in the states they have commercials which are basically trying to discredit their opponent. I really thought that was either a joke, exaggerated, or just an American thing. Well apparently now we Canadians do the same thing. My opinion is if you can't get votes based on your platform, then you don't deserve them. Telling us that the other team cheated brings us back to the playground. Grow up already!

     Dammit for some reason now I have a craving for McDonalds. Mmmmm Big Mac....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...