enjoy the little things in life, for one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things

Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Multitask Much?

     I was stumbling through the blog-o-sphere earlier today, reading some blog reviews for Mockingjay, comparing them with my recent review post. (By the way, mine is the best! Check it out: here) It seems that a lot of people like to share with the world their playlist they put on while reading.

     Hang a tick. Say what now? People listen to music while they read?

     How in the world can people concentrate? If I want to read on the bus, I can't listen to my music. I do have to keep my headphones in to drown out the mindless, brain numbing noises made by utterly dumb corpses polluting the earth (too angry?) ... If I'm trying to study, I can't have any noise. Even if I get caught up in a quick blurb online or in the paper or something, I can't help but tune everything else out.

     Does this make me strange? Am I the anomaly? Should I be able to listen to music while reading, and be able to pay attention to both? Or are other people the strange ones? Or are they perhaps not able to immerse themselves as fully in their novels as am I, and therefore are actually impeding their own reading pleasure?

     Thoughts/Comments/Questions?

1 comment:

  1. personally i find it rather easy to be able to listen to music and read, though we both know I don't read that often. I find that the music that is playing has to be in the same mood setting as what I'm reading is otherwise it makes it hard to concentrate completely. When I do read though. I find myself enveloped in the story itself and the music I'm listening to basically becomes like a theme in the background, like in a video game ex : elder scrolls 4 "oblivion". You should try reading while listening to a very soft "lounge" type of music that way you can enjoy both and actually be completely immersed in the novel.

    --- Your 1 true love Matt :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...