enjoy the little things in life, for one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things

Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Bachelor, Season 15

Episode 7
February 14, 2011

     Preface: How appropriate, to air and watch The Bachelor on Valentine's Day...♥

     This episode starts out with the crew travelling from Costa Rica, where the were last week, to the island of Anguilla. You should Google-map Anguilla, it's really out in the middle of nowhere with only other teeny tiny islands to keep it company. There are six girls left right now, Britt, Michelle, Shawntel, Ashley H, Chantal and Emily, two of which to be sent home this episode.

     Date 1: Emily, one-on-one. Brad first off says that she's everything he's ever wanted in a woman, and he feels too good for her. I almost see that too. Emily to me seems like one of those really wholesome, southern, daddy's girl, who marries her high school sweetheart, and they grow old together, drinking sweet tea under the shade of the trees ... although I guess that would have been the case if her husband hadn't died. Oopsies!
     I really like Emily, but I don't know if I like her for Brad the best out of all the girls. I liked their date though, I feel like they finally got somewhere. I felt bad for Emily, she was so nervous and worried about hometown dates next week, and whether or not she would allow Brad to meet her daughter Ricki. I think I can understand the trepidation, but if she's really as serious about Brad as it seems, I really think it's not that big of a deal, and further, necessary. I thought it was so cute that Brad broke the rules twice; once to tell her how strongly he felt about her, which is more than he thought he should. The other time was him telling Emily that she was going to get a rose for sure. I was a little bit taken aback. It makes perfect sense that he's not allowed to tell her anything like that. But it was just so cute when he said that he doesn't care about the rules, but only about Emily, and their kisses are always more than just kisses. This whole episode it seemed like he was way more enthralled with Em than all the others put together.

     Date 2: Shawntel, one-on-one. I thought their date was a little strange, them walking through the marketplace among people who don't even speak English, but Anguillanese or Spanish or whatever. It was so awkward when the lady asked them if they were in love. So, so awkward. "....maybe". Shawntel told Brad she's falling in love with him. Which is good, because Chantal already professed her love using the "L word", and Emily seems pretty close to doing the same thing. I thought it was so cute that Brad was able to talk to Shawntel about his dad, and he's never been able to talk to anyone else ... that's one of my favourite qualities in a boyfriend.

Right at this moment I'm realizing we're well into the episode and haven't heard anything much from Michelle yet...

     Date 3: Britt, one-on-one. Well, here is her one-on-one date finally. I'm fairly certain it's too little too late, but I'll give the date a chance. I like Britt, I think she's really cute, but if we're being honest, Brad is so much farther along with all the other four girls, and it's just too late for them. Brad and Britt took a yacht to a private little bay, actually called Little Bay (haha how clever). Michelle was commenting, saying that it's a waste of a one-on-one, and she hopes their ship goes down. Isn't she a thoughtful sweetheart? Brad said he was proud of Britt for overcoming her fears and jumping off the cliff. But come on, how sad is that!? You can be proud of that accomplishment in a four year old, but not in a potential wife. Yet another indication that this is a bomb. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but a few times during her interviews with her hair tucked behind her ears she looked a little bit like Anne from ANTM last season. The small talk at their dinner was so awkward. Brad even said, he's in one the most romantic places with a gorgeous girl, and there's no romantic connection. Pathetically, Britt said that she wanted more time to get to know him, and wanted another chance. Oh Britt, oh dear, that's not the point! This show is like speed dating on speed. You don't get a second chance. There was no rose (for him not to give her) but he sent her home anyway. Ehh no loss.

     Date 4: Ashley, Chantal, Michelle, group. As soon as the date card comes, Michelle says "I really don't want to be going on a mutual date with you guys." As if the others are excited about the dreaded group date. She's so dummmmb. Brad goes and wakes up the girls in the early hours of the morning for an XXX rated photo shoot for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition (out February 15th hehe). Ashley really has no boobs. Like nine year old boy no boobs.
     Anyway, during her shot, the photographer said "this would look incredible without a top on". Ashley says "no I'm not doing that" and then responds almost immediately "okay I'll do it". Chantal's bathing suit was pretty sketchy, it was like yarn or weave or crochet or something. She took her top off right away. It was so funny how awkward brad was: "ok its off, ok its off". Maybe that tells you you're not ready to be in a sexual relationship with people. Think about that one eh buddy-boy?! Of course Michelle has to step in and try to prove herself better than anyone else; she says to the camera "but I'm just not the the type of girl that's like very, you know, easily persuaded into something like that!" Uh huh, you're so pure and innocent alright. Not twenty seconds later you're lying on top of Brad, dry humping him into the sand, and lickng / making out with his face for the camera. She claimed on a scale of 1-10 of hotness her shoot was at least a 15. Oh get over yourself! I think Brad's starting to see through her BS, especially since he then said "I thought I knew Michelle..." Seeing the light?
     After the photo shoot, the three girls and Brad went to a private pool, and the horrible awkwardness ensued. Brad is still asking the girls "can I steal you? do you have a second?" as if at this point they're busy with other girls, or would refuse some one-on-one time with him. All three girls had such dramatic conversations, Ashley and Chantal were upset, saying they felt disconnected from him, and then of course Michelle just goes on about how she's so confident she's suppsed to be there. She said to Brad that last time they talked it was such a deep conversation. I'm sitting here thinking 'umm didn't you tell him not to speak at all, and to send other girls home, oh and then some more about not talking?!' Psycho-Biznatch. Brad is all hesitant about giving a rose, because he's worried that the other girls will take it the wrong way and shut down completely, and for good. But we know he likes to break the rules, so just don't give a rose! But he gives it to Ashley. I guess it doesn't really matter who he give it to (between Chantal and Ashley of course, Michelle needs to get a reality check). After the rose, Chantal of course broke down and reverted back to her whole "if you can't choose me then just send me home" drama. Stop saying that! It makes you seem pathetic and desperate, and you may actually convince him to do so!

     Later that night was the rose ceremony. Brad again broke the rules by not having a rose ceremony; he said he knew exactly what to do. So right about now I'm thinking he's finally seen the light and is going to send Michelle home. But of course, then I second and third guess myself, thinking that maybe I only think he's going to send her home because I want him to so badly.

     Roses: Ashley, Emily, Shawntal, Chantal.
WHOO MICHELLE IS GONE

     Brad finally realized that beyond her attractiveness (which would eventually have worn off) they have nothing in common. Thankfully he figured that out before it was too late, and before he sent home someone who actually deserves him. I thought it was just one last straw when Michelle lay down in the limo and didn't say anything at all. I wonder if she's going to be on the "after the rose" episode, or if she was too chastised to show her face *dramatic gasp*...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...