enjoy the little things in life, for one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things

Check Out My Other Blogs!

           

Friday, February 11, 2011

I don't care about "ISM'S"

     I hate studying for this class. I don't get history. Some people may think that's stupid, but everyone has a weakness and mine is history (and politics and philosophy, but please don't get me started). I am interested enough in learning about Freud and Skinner and Locke and Erikson (people who's theories are actually interesting, and worth their weight in gold). But Descartes, Liebniz, Hobbes, Bacon ... eurgh. They are just so stupid. I know what you'll say: "they had theories that were moderatly true as far as we know today, and some time in the future people will look back on our modern theories and think they're ridiculous". I am well aware of that, but we are in 2011 right now, not some future 23-something, so I don't care.

     Argh, these people! They spend their entire lives arguing about such trivial and simple things. Do we have a mind? Where is it? How does it interact with the body? I believe that most people these days would have an appropriately simple answer. Is knowledge innate or learned? Can cause ever be determined? Do we discover the world physically, or through sensory perceptions? I say come up with an answer and get on with your lives.

     And seriously?! What idiot decided that our brains were filled with animal spirits, and as these passed through the brain tissue, the spirits tightened or released our brain fibers, and this is what causes memory.

     I hate the ism's. Empiricism, rationalism, humanism, sensationalism, parallelism, determinism, idealism, historicism, reductionism, realism, dualism, interactionism, positivism, scientism *BREATHE* (betcha can't say that three times fast). I don't know what they are, and I don't care what they are. I wish people would stop shoving philosophy down my throat. When I become Queen of the World, that will be a rule. I'd also put a damper on religion, but don't get me started; I'm supposed to be studying, and that rant could take all night.

     Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...